Information and Resources for Lodge Charity Stewards
The role of the Charity Steward is to champion all forms of charitable activity within the Lodge or Chapter but, primarily, it involves fundraising.
It should never be undertaken lightly, as it requires a personal commitment of time and effort.
Initiating and leading fundraising within the Lodge or Chapter not only brings financial benefits for Masonic and non-Masonic charitable causes alike, but also affords great personal satisfaction from many uplifting or humbling experiences and a great deal of fun along the way!
The Jewel worn by the Lodge Charity Stewards is a trowel.
Read how the life-changing work of Masonic charities has helped Freemasons, their families and other national charities in the UK and overseas.
Charity Stewards Guide is available to download here
The Charities Act. Information relating to the implementation of current legislation for Lodges who have their own registered charity other than a Grand Charity Relief Chest.
Useful Links for Lodge Charity Stewards
- Masonic Charitable Foundation – https://mcf.org.uk/
- MCF Resources – https://mcf.org.uk/resources/
- SMC Lodge Match Funding Rules (PDF)
- MCF Charity Stewards Guide
*NEW* Digital Donations – MCF Initiative
Documents to help maintain regular giving
- Regular Giving Tracker (Excel)
- Letter to a new Master Mason – Word Document
- Letter to a new Master Mason – PDF
- Renewal Letter 1 – Word Document
- Renewal Letter 1 – PDF
- Renewal Letter 2 – Word Document
- Renewal Letter 2 – PDF
Non Masonic Donations Return